Thursday, February 12, 2009

What is Community Service?

By Jonah

Community service is doing something to help your city. I’m part of a group called “Boys in Action” that does community service and nice things for our citizens. In the past, my group has picked up trash and fed the homeless.



On Tuesday, February 10, 2009, we visited to the senior citizens' home and entertained the people there.






















My brother played a song called
Rhapsody Piano, and I played a song called Spanish Nocturne on the piano. Another boy, named Ben, played the guitar.


We also told jokes, trivia, and sang songs. Making the seniors happy gave me a great feeling inside and everyone enjoyed it.


I think it is important to tell about this because it might inspire other people to do nice things.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jonah,

    I love your post! You have inspired me to try something like
    that!

    From,
    Emily:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jonah,
    I really admire what your group is doing. I bet those seniors really loved having you boys visit with them.

    What is your next event?

    Mrs. Yollis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jonah,
    I think what you did for the seniors was very helpful. I'm sure the seniors were very happy!
    James :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonah,
    I am so proud of your involvement in Boys in Action. When we take time to do things for others, it does make us feel good and it does make a difference. I know they loved your piano playing and we will all look forward to reading about your next event!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see that you participated in something wonderful. It's always good to see people form a group to help people.

    ReplyDelete

* * *
Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.


Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
:-) Mrs. Yollis