After much practice, here is our video!
One Minute Challenge from yourwonderfulteacher on Vimeo.
The challenge provided us with an opportunity to get to know our neighbors to the north! Here are some facts we learned about Canada from our World Book Online Encyclopedia. Some students search using the keyword CANADA.
Others use the COMPARE COUNTRIES feature on World Book Online.
- Canada is the second largest country in the world. Only Russia is larger.
- There are approximately 35 million Canadians and there are about 321 million Americans.
- The lowest elevation in Canada is sea level. America's lowest elevation is Death Valley in California. Death Valley is the lowest place in North America. (282 feet / 86 meters below sea level)
- Canada's national capital is Ottawa, where Mr. Toft and his students live. America's national capital is Washington, D.C.
- Canada is made up of TEN provinces and THREE territories. America is made up of FIFTY states.
What are some fun facts that you discovered about our Canadian friends and their beautiful country?
What did you like about the challenge?