Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Teaching Commenting and Encouraging Parent Participation


Mrs. Yollis was invited to present at Tech Talk Tuesday by Anne Mirtschin (@murcha). 
 Tech Talk Tuesdays is a regular online webinar offered every Tuesday during Victorian, Australia school terms, from 3:45 – 4:45pm. The webinar  is offered to global educationalists and those interested in education. Even though it was called Tech Talk Tuesday, it was actually Monday for Mrs. Yollis!

The name of the presentation was 





Here is a link to the recording. 

One additional idea Mrs. Yollis wants to share with teachers is a useful site called Comments4Kids. This site, started by William Chamberlain (@wmchamberlain) is a wonderful way to connect teachers who are interested in connecting students to commenters. Use the hashmark #comments4kids on Twitter to alert teachers of posts that need comments. 


Happy Blogging!


4 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs Yollis,

    What a wondeful presention talk you gave about encouraging/teaching blogging amongst students and parents.

    I, love the way you encourage your parents and students to take part in your class blog.
    I agree with all your steps.

    I would really like to thank you and Mrs Morris as you both have given me the encouragement and the confidence to continue to keep on blogging.

    You are both such outstanding role models, which gives me the passion to keep on writing and visiting blogs with BB.

    Keep up the awesome work it really is truly amazing. For I am learning something new everytime I visit.

    From your pal down under,
    AA.

    P.S. Thank you for the kind words too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You connected the dots for me of the process of getting to where you are now. I had many questions before, but after watching, I am left with only one, but it is a tangent. How did you get the Blogger menu to not say "Next Blog" at the top?

    Kind regards,
    Mrs. Watanabe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Yollis,

    I wanted to be there for it but midnight was a bit past my bedtime. However, I just finished listening and really enjoyed it! I'm always looking to learn more about commenting and participation with our blog and who better to learn from than the BEST! Thank you!

    Mr. Avery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Yollis,
    Thank you so much for sharing your ideas in the Edublog presentation! I learned so much from your talk that I hope to incorporate into my blog.
    Our school is going to have a Math Week in March and I hope you don't mind if I adapt your array and word problem ideas for my school library blog. People don't usually think of math in the library, but I think they can go together!
    Thank you again! You are an inspiration to all!
    Mrs. Hembree

    ReplyDelete

* * *
Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.


Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
:-) Mrs. Yollis