Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Welcome Back! 2024-2025

Welcome back to a new school year!




Summer is over and we are back at school!

Like my former dog Buck near a body of water, let's jump right in and start our third-grade adventure! 

Photo by Mr. Yollis 





I am Mrs. Yollis and I have been teaching for one score and one decade and eight years. How many years have I been teaching? 

Here is a photo of me on my very first day of teaching back in 1987!




One of my favorite hobbies is fly fishing. This summer, I went fly fishing in beautiful Alaska. I was fishing for rainbow trout, but there were many brown bears there to fish as well. The brown bears love to eat the salmon that are in the river, so they leave the fishers alone. The salmon are spawning. That means they are migrating, or traveling, back to the place they were born. They will lay their eggs and that will be the end of their lifecycle. As you can see, fly fishing is very fun and exciting!


What is your hobby? Tell us about it!










*     *     *    *    *

Students, please leave a comment telling us about yourself.  

Ideas: What is your hobby? What did you do over your summer break? What adventures and experiences did you enjoy? 



IMPORTANT

When writing on the internet, never give away your YAPPY. 




*     *     *    *    *

If you are a class that would like to connect with us, please introduce yourself to my new class. Where are you from? What have you been up to? 

Remember to proofread your comment with a parent before you publish. No need to log in, instead select NAME/URL to comment. Write your FIRST name and leave the URL box empty. (See image below.)








Happy Blogging!

8 comments:

  1. 🐻 Cooper the CubAugust 28, 2024 at 5:59 PM

    Dear Cubs,

    It's me, Cooper the Cub, our school mascot!

    Thanks for letting me participate in your blog!

    My hobby is playing four-square on the playground. I like to bounce it into another square and wait for someone to hit it back. Sometimes I accidently pop the ball with my claws. Sorry, Cubs..but I am a bear!

    What are you enjoying at school?

    Go Cubs! 🐻
    Cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weef, Joseph, Peleg, Sophia, and GumballSeptember 3, 2024 at 11:26 AM

      Dear Cooper,

      Thanks for being our first bear to comment on our blog! You are terrific!

      You asked what we are enjoying at school.

      Gumball has been enjoying her Lenovo.
      Sophia has been loving our class and my teacher!
      Peleg has been having fun playing soccer at recess. Please don't pop that ball!
      Joseph is "over the moon" with math. We've been rounding.
      Weef adores playing Silent Speed Ball!

      Cooper, what is your favorite ice cream flavor?

      From,
      Weef, Joseph, Peleg, Sophia, Emma, and Gumball

      Delete
  2. Dear Class,

    This summer I went to the beach. When I was there I went swimming, did the splits in the sand, and my sister buried me in the sand! Luckily, I escaped and am here today in Mrs. Yollis' class.

    What did you do over the summer?

    From,
    Lollipop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lollipop,

      I love your post! Here is what I did over summer.
      I went to the beach too and I went to summer camp.

      Did you go to any camps this summer?

      From,
      Sydney

      Delete
  3. Dear Class,

    I have a question for you.


    What is your favorite food from America?


    From,
    Weef and Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cotton Candy, Celery and KingSeptember 3, 2024 at 11:54 AM

    Dear Class,

    How was your Labor Day weekend? Ours was great, as we went to the beach with our families. Please tell us about your annual event on Labor Day.

    From,
    Celery, Cotton Candy, and King

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lollipop,

    We loved your comment about the beach. Peleg has been to the beach. In fact, I went yesterday for Labor Day. I went with my friend, and I tripped on the sand, and now my hair is all sandy.

    Lollipop, I heard you went to the beach. I didn't go to the beach but hope you had a good time. However, I did go to the beach in Italy and had an awesome time.

    Have you ever been to a foreign country?

    Love,
    April and Peleg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaden, Nico, and JimmySeptember 3, 2024 at 12:53 PM

    Dear Cooper,

    Do you like traveling and fishing?
    What is your favorite fish?

    From,
    Nico, Jaden, and Jimmy

    ReplyDelete

* * *
Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.


Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
:-) Mrs. Yollis